Is the winter weather playing havoc on your face? Do not feel anguish? Here are some tips and tricks, which can make your makeup stand during the whole day, this winter season.
- In the winter season, dry patches might develop on the surface of your face skin. Your skin might not appear radiant, no matter how much makeup you apply on it. To avoid this problem, use a gentle exfoliant once in a week and then apply a layer of moisturizer, which will make your skin feel hydrated. Make it certain that you hydrate yourself by drinking lots of water.
- If you are having a taut and parched face due to cold winter weather, change the face cleansing routine. If you are using a foaming, gel based cleanser nowadays then use a milky or creamy one instead. These do not have much skin-stripping agents and they are a great help to remove the dryness of the skin due to cold weather. If this does not work, use a humidifier to eradicate dryness in the air.
- Sunscreens are necessary to use in this season as well. The UV rays of the sun are in the atmosphere all year round and it is essential to use a sunscreen of SPF 30 on daily basis, regardless of the season.
- If you are applying a heavy layer of foundation, then it can splotch in the snow and appear as dry patches. Mix up equal parts of moisturizer with foundation and then apply it. You can also use a tinted moisturizer for this purpose.
- To get rid of dried out, peeling skin overnight, rub on a creamy hydrating mask on the face for 5 to 15 minutes. Dab it with a tissue paper to absorb the excess and then go to bed.